The Business Development, Account Manager is responsible for generating new business for the MRN, ensuring all opportunities are successfully secured and customer retention remains high.
Whilst this position will predominately focus on developing new business, you will also manage a selection of Key Accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively identifying, engaging and securing new client accounts, including attendance at exhibitions, events and conferences, as required
- Building and further developing key relationships within target organisations
- Partnering with the MRN Proposals and Contracts teams to create client centric and mutually beneficial solutions
- Preparing, managing and delivering effective bid defence activities
- Ensuring all awarded projects are effectively transitioned to operational teams for successful delivery
- Managing key commercial metrics aligned to both individual and team targets, with a focus on maximising revenue and opportunity
- Assisting in the planning and ongoing management of Key Accounts, in partnership with the Project Management team
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for talented and highly commercial individuals who are results driven, solution focused and have the passion, energy and skillset to drive sales opportunities within our highly competitive arena.
It is essential you have:
- A degree in life science, pharmacy, nursing or equivalent relevant discipline
- Prior sales experience from within the clinical trials arena (home trial support or decentralized trials exposure would be a particular advantage)
- The ability to drive new sales opportunities and develop successful and long-term strategic relationships
- Formal sales training and familiarisation with Salesforce would be advantageous
Where: United Kingdom (Remote working options available)
Contract type: This is a full-time, permanent position
MRN are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Data Protection – Your Rights
Should you apply for a job opportunity at the MRN, we wish to inform you that it is our intention to retain the personal data provided by you for up to 2 years from the date it is received, at which point you will be asked to provide new consent. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our processes and how your personal data will be stored, please contact us for further reassurance.
DBS Disclosure may be requested in the event of being offered the position. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of the offence(s).