About the role…
As the Business Intelligence Engineer, you will collect, analyze, and share data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results. You will utilise database and reporting technologies to design, develop, and evaluate innovative business intelligence tools and automated reports.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Translating business needs to technical specifications
- Designing, building and deploying BI solutions
- Maintaining and supporting data analytics platforms (MicroStrategy)
- Creating tools to store data (OLAP cubes)
- Conducting unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluating and improving existing BI systems
- Collaborating with teams to integrate systems
- Developing and executing database queries and conducting analyses
- Creating visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Analyzing existing reports and optimizing them for standardization
- Developing and updating technical documentation
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for a talented BI Engineer who enjoys taking the initiative and being innovative, with a solutions focused approach. We are looking for the following requirements.
- Proven experience working as a BI Developer
- A background in data warehouse design, dimensional modelling and data mining
- A deep understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Familiarity with BI technologies (Microsoft Power BI, DAX)
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and data manipulation languages
- Knowledge of the Azure Data Factory
- Experience in agile methodologies desired; including: SCRUM; Kanban
Where: Remote working is available, with a monthly visit to our Head Office in Milton Keynes
Contract type: This is a full-time, permanent position
MRN are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Data Protection – Your Rights
Should you apply for a job opportunity at the MRN, we wish to inform you that it is our intention to retain the personal data provided by you for up to 2 years from the date it is received, at which point you will be asked to provide new consent. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our processes and how your personal data will be stored, please contact us for further reassurance.
DBS Disclosure may be requested in the event of being offered the position. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of the offence(s).