About the role…
This role sits within our Clinical Data Management team who have the overall accountability to deliver MRN operations efficiently. Specific activities include delivery of Home Trial Support, Site Nursing Support, and Central Pharmacy projects related to overall execution of global clinical trials.
As a Clinical Data Configuration Specialist you will perform the set up and configuration of Clinical Systems on operational projects at MRN, to ensure they capture the required clinical data in a way that produces high data quality and efficient provision to the trial Sponsor.
Key responsibilities include:
- The design, configuration and testing of clinical system solutions required to complete operational delivery of MRN projects including eSource, Telemedicine.
- Capturing and documenting technical requirements for the systems.
- Setting-up and configuration of the systems to deliver the documented requirement within project timelines.
- Performing and documenting validation testing.
- Partnering with Clinical Systems team to implement related data integrations with third party systems. (e.g. transfer of data to EDC system).
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to gather information required to complete design and configuration activities.
- Being the main point of contact for questions from stakeholders on clinical system functionality, during the configuration and testing phases of MRN projects.
- Acting as the internal escalation point for project related clinical systems issues during live phase of MRN projects (Second Line Support).
- Identifying further opportunities for core system development, additional data capture methods, data integrations, and process optimization.
- Updating and maintaining internal training material and guidance documents.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for a talented individual who has the ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritise a complex workload is a must. Previous exposure to EDC as a User would be beneficial!
It’s essential you have the following:
- Previous work within an organization delivering or supporting Clinical Trials
- Familiarity with configuration led clinical systems within a GCP environment. (e.g. EDC, eSource, DDC, eCOA/ePRO, CTMS, IxRS etc.)
- The ability to work independently and within a clear framework of accountability.
- Experience working on a multi resource project team, both in person and remotely as part of a distributed team.
- The ability and desire to work within a rapidly changing environment.
- The capacity to rapidly learn new systems, absorb new information and apply learning effectively.
- Implementing software configurations using a graphical interface without any need to develop code is desirable.
- Understanding of eConsent and/or ePRO/eCOA solutions and their use in Clinical Trials is also desirable but not essential.
Role based: United Kingdom (Remote working options available)
Contract type: Permanent/ Full time
MRN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.