MRN is the largest and most experienced global provider of community-based trials and site nurse support solutions for the clinical trials industry.
About the role…
The Contracts Manager will work closely with the Contracts team to manage and oversee client contracts, budgets and provide contract support to other functions across the business. This role provides a primary point of contact for colleagues from Business Development, Finance, Project Management, and other functions to manage day-to-day workflow. The role will also provide support and mentoring to other members of Contracts and Risk and other functions as required, and may involve direct line management of staff, and overall management of the team in the absence of the Director of C&R.
- Updating the CRM system (Salesforce) in a timely fashion to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Liaison with Business Development, Operations and/or customer (where required) to define scope of work where required
- Internal distribution of contracts and budgets for review
- Filing of contract related documentation
- Ensuring contract deadlines are adhered to
- QC and review of documents prior to client issue via Business Development or third parties
- Attendance and presentation at Operational Handover meetings (“IKOM”)
- Input into ongoing contract development and MRN budgeting system.
- Provision of the appropriate contract templates to clients on notification of award via Business Development
- Liaison with Project Management and Proposals team to define and document scope of work following study award
- Drafting contracts in line with agreed proposals and scope
- Review of customer comments of drafted contract documents, ensuring risks to MRN are minimized
- Review and negotiation of customer contract language, in conjunction with Director Contracts, legal and other functions where necessary including BQD and the data protection team.
- Finalization of contracts and ensuring all appropriate signatures obtained
- Contract filing and tracking
- Support and review of other contracts, including vendors and suppliers as required.
Change in Project Scope
- Ensure adherence to the protocol review and risk management process in Salesforce.
- Management of change in scope process within the Contracts and Risk team
- Point of contact for Project Management as CIS are identified.
- Amendment of budgets in line with Change Order logs
- Ensuring CISs are reviewed and approved prior to issue
- Provision of client documentation for issue via Project Management or Business Development as appropriate
- Tracking and reporting of CIS activity within Salesforce.
- Creating, maintaining, reviewing and finalizing of SOPs, work instructions, and processes.
- Participation in ongoing review and update of budgeting tools and pricing models.
- Participation and contribution to sales and finance meetings as appropriate.
- Working at all times as part of the MRN team and promoting MRN at all times
- Support generation and delivery of Contracts and Risk strategy
- Undertaking other duties as may be required from time to time.
- University or college degree in life science, pharmacy, nursing or equivalent relevant discipline, and or previous experience in the drug development industry 6yrs +
- Prior contracting and budget generation experience 4yrs +.
- Thorough understanding of Good Clinical Practice and Clinical Trial Methodology.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, highly computer literate.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent organizational, planning, resource and general management skills.
- Strong people management skills and demonstrated motivational leadership, innovative and collaborative behaviors.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams across functions and international boundaries.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills with the ability to coordinate interactions with both internal and external partners.