MRN is the largest and most experienced global provider of community-based trials and site nurse support solutions for the clinical trials industry.
Where within the MRN will I be working…
You will be part of the talented IT Applications team here at MRN who are focused on helping the ongoing growth of the business from manual systems to digital delivery. You will be predominately working with a tailored Salesforce and Business Intelligence platform and continue to ensure both operational and strategic delivery
About the role…
As a IT Applications Manager, you will be focused on the delivery and support of IT applications within MRN. The role is expected to work closely with the team and the business on these deliverables. The objective is to provide validated applications and guide the organisation to improve the efficiency, to ensure the user community of these applications is supported.
- Ensure that the development of applications follows the application lifecycle development process and industry best practice
- Ensure that the applications that are developed met user, regulatory and BI requirements
- Identify the relative benefits and costs of each project in order to effectively prioritise development requirements
- Own and manage the application lifecycle development processes from request through to delivery
- Manage the active application portfolio and contracts
- Report to the Director of IT a set of KPIs on a monthly basis
- Identify ways of improving IT Application development processes and methods in order to improve delivery
- Work with the Director of IT and the IT management team on delivery of the wider IT strategy for the company
- Oversee training and professional development requirements of the team
- Line management the team
- Deal with any HR issues and liaise with HR in order to resolve
- Demonstrate corporate culture
- Liaise with various application providers and various third-party consultant organisations as part of development and ongoing support requirements
- Ensure that third party providers are meeting expectations
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for talented individuals who have strong line management experience, people who love to mentor and coach their staff.
It’s Essential you have the following too:
- Agile development experience
- Experience working in an IT applications environment
- Proven experience in leading a multi-disciplined team
Role based: Milton Keynes, with flexible working options
Contract type: Permanent/ Full Time
MRN are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.