This role sits within our finance team here at the MRN. The main purpose of the Finance department is to ensure that the MRN operates on a sound financial basis and that appropriate and effective financial controls are in place. Specifically, this means tightly managing all cash operations and ensuring that any requests for payments are authorised by the appropriate person in MRN. The team also provide relevant financial reporting, analysis and insight to support decision making across MRN and also to meet legal and statutory requirements.
About the role…
As a Payroll Administrator, you will take the lead to ensure accurate payroll records are kept up to date, they are well organized, and adhere to internal procedures.
- Liaising with the People Department and making sure all necessary changes are reflected on the payroll
- Updating benefit records by entering changes to the portals for UK and US entities (health insurance coverage, pension deductions).
- Preparing and submitting payroll information for external services in UK, US, Spain, Germany, and Japan.
- Generating payroll reports for managers to review.
- Dealing with salary enquiries and employee requests.
- Dealing with queries from HM Revenue & Customs.
- Following company policies and procedures.
- Updating supporting files and database that would assist the Senior Payroll Administrator to examine employee’s information and create metrics; maintaining accurate and up to date payroll and benefit files.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Managing multiple deadlines for variable data and managing each entity throughout their pay cycle
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for talented individuals who thrive in a very busy environment. Highly analytically minded with a good attention to detail.
It’s Essential you have:
- Previous experience of successfully payroll administration
- Worked/ working within a fast pace team helping a growing organisation through change
- Helping line managers and employees with payroll queries and managing stakeholder relationships
- Ideally part qualified or holding any additional payroll study/training
- Competent user of MS Office including Advanced User of MS Excel
Role based: Milton Keynes Office
Contract type: Permanent/ Full Time
MRN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.