Founded in 2006, MRN is an innovative, market-leading, global provider of community-based trials and site nurse support solutions for the clinical trials industry.
About the role…
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be a key point of contact for any payroll related tasks or queries, ensuring payroll records are up-to-date and accurate.
Key accountabilities include:
- Liaising with the People Department to ensure all changes are reflected on the payroll in a timely and accurate manner, acting as the lead coordinator between the two departments.
- Updating benefit records by entering changes to the portals for UK and US entities (health insurance coverage, pension deductions).
- Preparing and submitting payroll information for external services in the UK, US (via ADP portal) and for Spain, Germany, and Japan.
- Generating payroll reports for Managers to review as requested.
- Managing salary enquiries and employee request and resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Effectively managing queries from HM Revenue and Customs.
- Updating files and database to support the Senior Payroll Administrator in examining employee information and creating metrics.
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records by performing full reconciliation monthly.
- Preparing monthly journals for finance system.
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Carry out induction meetings with new starters.
- Managing multiple deadlines for variable data and managing each entity throughout their pay cycle
- Assisting with implementation of new payroll systems
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for a talented individual with excellent numeracy skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage time and tasks within a high-growth environment.
It is Essential you have:
- Proven experience working in busy and demanding payroll function, as part of a rapidly growing organization
- Experience working with payroll journals and supporting line managers and employees with payroll queries
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel abilities and confidence in using payroll systems
- Strong reconciliation experience
- Prior experience in analysing information and reporting
- Experience working/ assisting within payroll on a global basis (Desirable)
- Part qualified of CIPP or holding any additional payroll study/training (Desirable)
Where: Deerfield, IL (hybrid working options available)
Contract type: This is a full-time, permanent position
MRN are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.