Where within MRN will I be working…
Our Continuous Improvement Office (CIO) is accountable for the effective implementation of change within the business. The goal is to ensure that process and system changes are delivered in an agile way to provide a continuous flow of value to the business based on the strategic objectives and goals.
About the role…
The Release Manager is responsible for the successful delivery and roll out of process and IT system developments across the business. This is a vital role in the CIO and ensures that the business comfortably adapts to the changes and the implementation of the change provides the intended value to the business.
This role will include the planning of releases across the full change project portfolio to coordinate the release capacity within the business as well as developing detailed communications to support the business in understanding and accepting the changes.
The CIO is using aspects of Scaled Agile Framework to drive development; therefore the Release Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the launch of each monthly release train.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages
- Providing risk assessments of release packages and release schedules
- Ensuring the release processes and procedures are applied
- Collecting and providing ongoing feedback on planned releases to the key stakeholders
- Identifying, evaluating and managing the adoption of appropriate release management tools, techniques and processes including automation
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key providers to ensure the smooth delivery of releases to time, budget and of a high quality
- Coordinating with business analysts, IT development teams, system administrators, test managers, and key stakeholders for validation, training, documentation and launch phases of software development
- Collating and releasing software application updates to QA and Production environments
- Ensuring valid roll-back plans exist for all release packages in case of disruption to service
- Coordinating with scrum masters, CIO Analysts, process developers and key stakeholders for the release of training, documentation, and transition phases of business processes
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for talented people who can adapt to changing priorities quickly and who thrive in a fast-paced, commercial environment.
It’s essential you have the following:
- Experience of project management including performance and budget management; Agile Project Management, Prince2, or other methodologies for project governance
- Experience and awareness of good practice for Change Management
- The ability to clearly articulate project processes and delivery plans
- Detailed project planning experience and use of project management tools
- Proven track record of releasing large IT and process changes
Role based: Milton Keynes, with flexible working options
MRN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
Data Protection – Your Rights
Should you apply for a job opportunity at the MRN, we wish to inform you that it is our intention to retain the personal data provided by you for up to 2 years from the date it is received, at which point you will be asked to provide new consent. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our processes and how your personal data will be stored, please contact us for further reassurance.