Founded in 2006, MRN is an innovative, market-leading, global provider of community-based trials and site nurse support solutions for the clinical trials industry.
About the role…
The Research Nurse Manager will provide the clinical knowledge and expertise required to enable MRN to deliver Home Trial Support projects safely and effectively to patients across the globe. You will also be the clinical care lead for named international projects, developing the homecare process with the sponsor or CRO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creation of all nursing materials as defined in the project plan in-keeping with study specific protocols.
- Act as the clinical expert on home care for the named study, working with the Project Manager and nursing team to ensure clinical risk is identified and managed
- Provide clinical advice to suppliers in the delivery of Home Trial Support services
- Establish training programs for nurses/phlebotomists for named Home Trial Support services
- Devise and deliver the supplier, CRO and sponsor training programs for named studies.
- Assist with the identification and approval of Home Trial Support nurses on named studies.
- Ensure that all relevant information regarding patients / clients is recorded, reported and, where necessary, acted upon to communicate any changes to the Investigator, MRN, sponsor, nursing supplier and other team members as appropriate.
- Take the clinical lead for named studies on patient safety. This will involve being the nominated point of contact for sites and Home Trial Support nurses when concern over a patient’s health status has been raised.
- Assist the referring Investigators and hospitals in planning a smooth integration of patient management from the hospital with that in the home in line with the study protocols.
- Establish and participate in quality assurance initiatives, including provision of clinical SOPs and supporting nursing team clinical supervision.
- Coordinate and manage the national teams of nurses and nurse suppliers
- Test equipment and assist with trouble shooting related queries as well as create user-friendly manuals on how to use the equipment.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for talented individuals who are flexible, adaptable and capable of lateral thinking. Who remain professional and are customer focused even when under pressure.
It’s Essential you have the following:
- A Registered Nurse or local country equivalent with at least 7 years nursing experience
- Have experience in either Homecare or Clinical Research, e.g. Research Nurse, CTA, CRA, PM or Team Leader, preferably both
- Proven success in coordinating clinical teams
- Experience within a commercial organization is desirable although not essential
- You must be familiar with ICH- GCP principles
Where: Deerfield, IL (hybrid working options available)
Contract type: This is a full-time, permanent position
MRN are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.