The Continuous Improvement Office is responsible for the effective implementation of change within the business. The goal is to ensure that process and system changes are delivered in an agile way to provide a continuous flow of value to the business based on the strategic objectives and goals.
About the role…
The Scrum Master role operates within the Continuous Improvement Office (CIO) and the objectives are to ensure all significant changes to business process pass through MRN’s Continuous Improvement process as effectively as possible. Our rigid quality process is reflective of the highly regulated nature of MRN’s work, making process changes complex and in need of strong coordination across functions. The CIO is utilizing the agile methodology to drive business process development and is dependent on a Scrum Master to coordinate the process work spread across our business process developers who each work to improve their own functions operational processes.
The Scrum Master role is about taking the techniques from agile and applying them outside of an IT development environment. The Scrum Master will be required to work effectively with colleagues across all functions and seniority levels. This role also involves supporting the CIO Analysts to ensure complex problems are broken down into manageable sized development pieces to allow an agile approach to change and provide continuous value back to the business.
Here are some duties that the Scrum master will be accountable for:
- Lead Process Developers to achieve change in the business and completion of controlled documents.
- Be concerned with the immediate work of the Process Developers in order that it can be completed with minimal friction.
- Refine the workload of the Process Developers into stories, sized and fitted to the change roadmap, and completed in two-week sprints.
- Work closely with Project Sponsors so they can see the progress of essential projects and can make timely decisions.
- Contribute in other ways as necessary to the Continuous Improvement Office planning and release of strategic change.
- Keep business change moving efficiently by ensuring backlogs are detailed, up to date and prioritised.
- Assign work to sprints and review completion.
- Monitor capacity and well-being of Process Developers.
- Solve problems and remove blockers for Process Developers.
- Make each sprint better than the last by taking feedback on what went well and what could have gone better and introducing incremental improvement.
- Facilitate meetings to refine, plan and review work, stand ups and retrospectives to keep the team together and improve results.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables adhere to standard at the end of each sprint.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications…
We are looking for talented people who like a challenge and who driven in applying agile principles in new ways, people who can easily adapt to changing priorities and committed to producing quality work.
People who like to solve complex problems and who can adapt to changing priorities is also a must.
It’s Essential you have the following:
- Experience in operational process improvement and development
- Knowledge of Scrum techniques
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks and implementation experience
- Proven experience in delegating tasks and empowering others
Role based: Milton Keynes, with flexible working options
Contract type: Permanent/ Full Time
MRN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. Our aim is to work simultaneously to promote a more inclusive and safer environment for everyone, which attracts all candidates and portrays our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.